Life Cycle Management (LCM) of Complex equipment is challenging.
Efficient LCM requires detailed information exchanges between many inter-related disciplines (design, manufacturing, Configuration Management, Sustainment, Supply Chain Management, marketing, etc.). Frankly, professionals within these various disciplines speak different languages, but rely upon each other as producers and consumers of inter-related data.
Nexus LCM was developed to become the meeting point of the tools, technologies and services to simplify LCM over what can be decades of equipment life.
- Identify the policies, processes, systems and organizations that support LCM for your products
- Identify the information sharing and exchange requirements for each stakeholder to perform their LCM functions
- Map the processes with associated information requirements through the systems to identify current data management gaps
- Develop a solution to maximize use of current systems, through use of standards-based information exchanges
- Identify key points for automation to improve data acquisition data quality
- Implement the solutions based upon customer preferences
Examples of open standards:
ISO 10303 – Standards for Exchange of Product (STEP) data
SAE JA1011 – Reliability Centered Maintenance
ISO/IEC 15459-4 – Information Technology: Unique Identification of Items
LCM is a culmination of all of the activities required from concept inception through production, usage and eventually retirement and disposal of any complex product.Complex equipment examples: aircraft, vehicles, software, industrial systems, weapon systems, communications systems, distribution networks.
This is a video describing our Data as a Service (DaaS) technology and its application to management of equipment across organizations